Shows & Exhibitions
- WAVELENGTH Shanghai 2018
- ITP Spring Show 2018
- ITP Winter Show 2017
- XX Generative Art Conference 2017, Ravena Museum of Art, Italy
- ISSUE Project Room Algorithmic Composition Performance
- V/R (intensity) - Tisch Danceworks IV
- Frequency Sweep #2
- 1+1=3 Vol. 1
- From Me to You and Back Again
Talks & Public Speaking
- Making noise in the browser - ITP Unconference 2018
- Everything is a screen! - ITP Camp 2018
Barak Chamo is a media artist and creative technologist creating across a range of disciplines, emerging mediums and subject matters, ranging from musical composition and generative visual art to installation design and immersive experience development. In his work, he brings together technical and creative inquiry and explores new ways in which to tell stories, express artistic visions and present a critical view of society.
In both individual practice and various collaborations he engages with themes of universality, modernization, techno-social dominance, the future of creativity in the age of automation and the symbiosis between technology and the arts. He explores the emotional connection between man and machine and how art can transform our perspective of the human experience.
Barak is a Master's degree candidate at NYU's ITP, resident at IDEA LAB New Rochelle and Lightbox Lab.
Residencies & fellowships
- Lightbox Lab 2018 Residency
- IDEA Lab New Rochelle 2018 Fellowship & Residency
- Oculus & Time inc. TimeWave 2017 XR Lab
- Recurse Center, Fall 2015
Grants & Awards
- Tisch School of The Arts Award 2017 & 2018